Official forum by Manish17
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Official forum by Manish17

The official forum by manish17 created for all purposes - games, clan , etc.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intro to Music (Intro/Basics)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ceedofevil

ceedofevil

Intro to Music (Intro/Basics) Empty
PostSubject: Intro to Music (Intro/Basics)   Intro to Music (Intro/Basics) EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 12:12 am

A lot of people believe that learning how to play music is very difficult, but as an aspiring musician myself I can tell you that it is very easy (I learned how to play the guitar in about three to four months.) The actual hard part isn't learning to play music on an instrument, but getting yourself to practice playing that instrument every day constantly for at least 20 minutes a day. I myself try to practice for at least an hour (and some musicians practice for five or six a day.) I'll be writing a lesson or two every week (or at least try to) for anyone interested.

Basics
Lesson 1

There are a total of seven notes in music: A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. After the G note, going to the right, the pattern repeats all over again and so after G would be another A, then B, then C, and so on all the way back to the G note. This rule applies to the note before the A note as well and so G comes next (going left this time) and then F, E, and so on all the way up to the next A note.

The next lesson will be on the actual locations of where the notes are on a piano and a six string guitar. If anybody has any questions, comments, and/or suggestions please leave a reply or send me a PM!
Back to top Go down
ceedofevil

ceedofevil

Intro to Music (Intro/Basics) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro to Music (Intro/Basics)   Intro to Music (Intro/Basics) EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:17 am

Basics
Lesson 2

In this lesson I will talk about the note locations on a piano and on a six string guitar. Lets look at the guitar first. When holding a guitar, with the strings facing forward and the guitar touching your body, the smallest string is considered the first string. The thickest string is the sixth string. Both of these strings are in the note of E. The second string is the B string, the third the G string, fourth is D and fifth is A. So it goes like this: EBGDAE.

On a piano, there are several white keys and black keys all lined up in a pattern. You'll notice at the left where the first key is there is a white key. There are seven white keys and five black keys in this order: white, black, white, black, white, white, black, white, black, white, black, white. This pattern repeats all the way to the end to the right.The first white key is the C key. The next white key is D, then E, and so on until the pattern repeats like I discussed in the first lesson.

Next week I'll discuss the form and posture one should have for both instruments. Leave any questions, comments, and/or suggestions in a reply or PM!
Back to top Go down

Intro to Music (Intro/Basics)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official forum by Manish17 :: Miscellaneous :: Teach and Learn-
Jump to: